Wai‘alae Arts Program
The Wai‘alae Arts Program seeks to develop God-given gifts in the creative and performing arts in a nurturing Christian environment.
Lessons are taught by dedicated, highly trained, and qualified instructors with professional experience in their fields and a passion for sharing their gifts.
All private lessons will be held in-person, with an option for remote learning, according to state guidelines.
Sam Chen (B.M. Piano Performance)
Piano and Violin (Sam is NOT teaching this session)
Reid Ishikawa (B.Ed. Music, Percussion)
Drums, Bass, Acoustic and Electric Guitar, Piano, Songwriting, Music Theory
Jonathon Palompo (B.M. Vocal Performance)
Cheryl Toma Sanders (B.Ed. Music, Piano)
Piano (Not accepting new students at this time)
Private lessons offered in: Voice, Piano, Drums, Bass, Acoustic and Electric Guitar, Songwriting, Theory
- 8-weekly private lessons (thirty minutes each lesson)
- Tuition $250.00
- Minimum age of student: 5 years old for piano and violin lessons, 7 years old for other lessons.
How to register for private lessons:
*New private lesson students: Email the Waialae Arts Program office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a lesson time for a teacher. Once you receive a tentative day/time for a lesson, complete the form on-line and submit your tuition payment (either on-line or by check/cash) to confirm your lesson time slot. *Acceptance based upon instructor’s discretion and availability.
For returning private lesson students:
Mr. Reid’s students- inform your instructor of your day/time preference for lessons and then complete the registration form below. You will be sent a confirmation letter once your tuition has been received and your lesson time confirmed with your instructor.
Mr. Sam’s piano students- If you would like to continue piano lessons with Mr. Reid over the summer session, please email email@example.com to secure a time for your lesson. We will give priority to Mr. Sam’s returning piano students before taking new students.
Lessons begin: Monday, June 7, 2021 Lessons end: Friday, July 30, 2021
There will be a make-up week during the week of August 9.
VISA, MasterCard, cash or checks are accepted. Tuition must be paid in full by the first lesson of the 8-week June/July Summer Session.
VISA and MasterCard payments will be subject to a 3% service fee.
If you prefer to pay by cash or check, type the words: CASHORCHECK in the discount code section on the form. This will allow you to submit the form without credit card payment. Please hand deliver cash payments, or mail/hand deliver check payments to Waialae Baptist Church. Our offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(1) Tuition must be paid in full by the first lesson of the 8-week June/July Summer Session.
(2) Tuition is non-refundable.
(3) If a student will be late or must miss a lesson, please notify the instructor directly as soon as possible. Please do not call the church office. If an instructor is notified of a lesson cancellation with at least a 24-hour notice, the absence will be considered an “excused absence”, and the teacher will offer 1 (one) make-up lesson for an excused absence per semester. Any lessons that are canceled by an instructor will be rescheduled during the session.
(4) For in-person lessons, waiting areas are available for family members during lessons. Children must be supervised at all times. If you prefer to wait in your car, please notify your instructor. On occasion, parents may be asked to stay in the building during lessons if the office /church staff is unavailable to ensure that at least two adults are on campus during lessons.
(5) In the event of on-line lessons, students must have access to a computer, laptop, or tablet with reliable internet access.
(6) All students are required to practice at home and to complete music assignments. Instructors will provide guidelines and suggestions for effective practice techniques to enable students to strive to achieve their music goals for the semester.
(7) All books and material must be available/brought to every lesson.
(8) For the safety of our students and instructors, security cameras are operational in various areas of the church campus.
(9) If needed, make-up lessons will be scheduled during the session at mutually agreed upon times.
For more information, please contact Stacy Hirano at (808) 732-5561, Option 6 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waialae Baptist Church
1047 21st Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816