** Due to COVID-19 we ask that if you have traveled out of state, feel sick, or have had contact with someone who has traveled or is sick to stay home and worship with us online. **
In addition, we have adjusted our kids worship with these precautionary measures and changes below:
- Every child’s temperature will be checked before entering our children’s area.
- We ask that all children wear a mask.
- We will encourage 6 feet distancing.
- No snacks will be provided.
- We will encourage frequent hand washing and hand sanitizer will be available for children.
- Children K-5th grade will be worshiping together and will be modified as we see fit.
- In addition, if you plan on bringing your child in-person, please let us know so we can prepare for them.
Raising children requires a village, and we’d love to partner with you. From birth to grade 5, we create environments that your kids will love. Our goal is to point your child to Jesus, love them well, develop them as leaders, and instill in them a love for the Church.
We have a ministry for children of all ages. We consider it a privilege to serve families with young children in a fun and spiritually engaging environment with great thanks for the partnership of parents and volunteers who share in the calling to introduce kids to Christ and help them grow in their faith.
We meet during the Sunday worship gathering at 10 a.m.
Kids 6th grade and older and sit with their family in the service, because we believe and value inter-generational worship. Our kids watch us and learn how to worship and worshiping together offers an opportunity to have meaningful conversations afterwards.
Will you be visiting? Send us an email and let us know you’re coming!
Please include the date you are planning to visit, your child’s info (name & age), and any other information that would be helpful for us to know.
To watch our WBC Kids Worship, click here.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Please bring diapers, bottles, pacifiers, and any special blankets that will soothe your baby through the morning.
- Label all items that belong to your baby.
This is a fun and active stage in your child’s lives. We are excited to care for them and look forward to teaching them that God loves them, God made them, and Jesus wants to be their friend forever!
Toddlers will enjoy a variety of age-appropriate centers which include a praise & worship music area, busy wall, book nook, magnets, and many more!
- Please label your child’s bags and cups with their names.
- We provide toys, activities, and snacks in the classrooms. If your child has any allergies or special dietary needs and cannot eat what we have provided, please inform the teachers and bring appropriate snacks for them.
Your 3.5 year old – kindergartner will enjoy Bible stories, music, and crafts in the WBC Preschool class!
This curriculum is all about teaching them about Jesus in a way that young children can understand! Each week features activities so fun, it’s practically impossible for even the wiggliest or squirmiest children not to be fully engaged. The irresistible songs and simple object lessons make teaching Bible truths fun and applicable for this energetic age group. Occasionally we will have a snack, so please let us know of any allergies or dietary restrictions.
Here’s what you can expect:
- You will check your preschool aged child in at the Children’s Check-In desk in the main foyer where you and your child will get name tags. These name tags are used for picking up your child after the service.
- You will be shown the Preschool classroom upon check-in at the Children’s Check-In desk.
- Your child will then accompany you into the sanctuary for Worship.
- The Worship leader will dismiss the kids. Preschool teachers will be eagerly awaiting your arrival in the Preschool room.
- We ask that you please take your child to the restroom before dropping them off in the Preschool class.
- After the service, please pick your child up from the preschool classroom. Be sure to bring your name tag. For security reasons, we cannot release your child without seeing your name tag.
First through fifth graders will have a great time at WBC kids! All of our kids will be going through the same or similar portion of the bible as the adults. As kids explore God’s character throughout the Bible, God transforms them from the inside out. Kids discover what it means to reflect God’s Heart in everyday life.
Here’s what you can expect:
- You will check your elementary school aged child in at the Children’s Check-In desk in the main foyer where you and your child will get name tags. These name tags are used for picking up your child after the service.
- Your child will then accompany you into the auditorium for Worship.
- The Worship leader will dismiss the kids. Elementary teachers will be in the kitchen to escort your children to their classroom.
- Your child will be brought to the preschool classroom before the service ends for pick up.
Your First Visit
Your first stop when you arrive is the first-time check in area. We want to serve you and your child well, so we’ll take some time to get to know you. We’ll ask about allergies, make sure we know what your child likes to be called, and collect your contact information.
Then, you and your child will both get a sticker with a matching code. If for any reason we need to reach you during the worship service, we will give you a call. This sticker is also what you’ll use to pick-up your child after the worship service.
The Ride Home
We encourage parents to keep the conversation going on the car ride home and throughout the day and week. Ask your child some of these questions:
What is one thing that made sense to you about God or the Bible?
How can mom or dad help you to do what you learned about during the week?
What was the most fun part of church today?
What was the Bible verse you learned about today?
What is one thing you will do this week to obey God?
Our goal is to create opportunities for engaging your children through these questions each week.