Discipleship Course Phase 2
Spring 2023- Spring 2024
In-person at Wai ‘alae Baptist Church
Meeting ID: 883 7337 7436 Passcode: 355168
What is this study about?
Whether you’re simply a new believer, a Sunday School goer, or you’re a teacher, we would like to invite everyone to join us for our new Monday night study. In this study, we will be going back to the basics of Christianity in order to prepare every Christian to faithfully communicate the gospel with others. We will be going through the key principles and practices that help us keep our teaching, from preparation to delivery, centered on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Every week will involve step-by-step, hands-on training and group workshops. Everyone is invited, but all Sunday School and other Bible study teachers are strongly encouraged to attend. If you are still interested in joining us for our Monday night study, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add you to the list.
An overview of effective gospel proclamation surveying the entire Old Testament, emphasizing the context of each and framing each within Scripture’s metanarrative book by book. Attention is given to the role of discipleship in the local church, emphasizing the practical applications of studying, teaching from Scripture, and developing a teachable heart.
Concluding this course, the student should have the ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of literary content, historical context, and theological connections of each book of the Old Testament
- Read the Old Testament within the framework of the unfolding drama of God’s plan of salvation
- Understand the function and role of teaching Scripture in the local church
- Mature in faithful interpretation and exegetical preparation of Scripture
- Participate in their love for the local church through discipleship
Textbook and Other Resources:
Longman, Tremper III. Introducing The Old Testament: A Short Guide to its History and Message. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan, 2012. ISBN: 978-0-310-29148-0
If you would like a copy of the above resources, we may have a limited number of them left. Please contact email@example.com if you’re interested.